100: Business Immigration Series - How to hire a foreign worker?
Welcome to the centennial episode of the Canadian Immigration Podcast! I can't believe that we've released 100 episodes since July 2014 and reached this new milestone.
This is also an inaugural intro episode to our Business Immigration 10-episode series of the Podcast where I and Alicia Backman-Beharry, Canadian Immigration Lawyer at Holthe Immigration Law discuss the realities of Canadian business immigration, LMIAs, and share the valuable insights that employers should be aware of when hiring a foreign worker in Canada.
In this episode you will learn:
- As an employer, where do you start if you want to hire a foreign worker?
- What is the difference between TFWP and IMP?
- Do you even need to apply for LMIA and does your employee need a Work Permit?
- What activities qualify as work for the purposes of immigration?
- Why you have to be strategic and think long-term when you consider hiring a foreign worker?
- What are the negative consequences for not complying with the requirement of obtaining a Work Permit?
In the next episode you'll learn more about Work Permit exemptions (Public Policy short-term exemptions, Free Trade Agreements, such as CUSMA (USMCA), Emergency Service Providers exemptions, etc.)
💻 BOOK AN IMMIGRATION CONSULTATION: https://bit.ly/3QBDyf6
🔺CANADIAN IMMIGRATION INSTITUTE COMMUNITY: https://bit.ly/cii-community
🎧 Canadian Immigration Podcast
Subscribe to our podcast and stay tuned for the upcoming episodes in our Business Immigration series of the Canadian Immigration Podcast.
📱 Follow us on social
Express Entry Law Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/3x6ItvK
Holthe Immigration Law Facebook Page: https://bit.ly/3NPQSu5
Canadian Immigration Institute Facebook Page: https://bit.ly/3xd782U
Canada Immigration video Do-It-Yourself Courses
🟡 Express Entry Course and Masterclass: https://bit.ly/3xbQP6k
🟡 Study Permit Course and Masterclass: https://bit.ly/study-permit-course
🟡 Spousal Sponsorship Course: https://bit.ly/Spousal-Sponsorship-Course-YT
🟡 PGWP 18-Month Extension Course: https://bit.ly/3Nli3MS
🟡 LMIA for High-Wage Positions Course: https://bit.ly/3AAwsjE
🟡 CUAET Course: https://bit.ly/3Az21us