099: CELPIP Test-Taking Tips from an English Teacher
In this episode of the Canadian Immigration Podcast Mark Holthe and Brandi Robb, a CELPIP Test instructor, will discuss test-taking tips to help viewers prepare for the CELPIP exam.
CELPIP is a Canadian English language proficiency test accepted for immigration, citizenship, and professional designations.
In today’s podcast, Mark and Brandi focus mainly on strategies to help Test Takers earn a high score in the Speaking component. However, you will also learn the following:
- What is the main purpose of the CELPIP Test?
- How is CELPIP test structured, and which language skills does it cover?
- How is the test scored?
- Are there any strategies you can provide to help Test Takers score well on the Speaking parts?
- Where you can find CELPIP study materials? (See the links below)
- How early should you start preparing for the CELPIP Test?
- Where can you find out more about the CELPIP Test? (See the links below).
More about our guest: Brandi Robb works as a Content Developer and Online Instructor at Prometric Testing, which administers the CELPIP Test. She has over 20 years of teaching experience. Brandi holds a B.Ed., B.A. in English, and a certificate in English language teaching (CELTA). She is based in Vancouver. In her spare time, Brandi enjoys reading, running, and traveling.
Register for the CELPIP test: https://secure.celpip.ca/RegWebApp/#/shopping-cart?affiliate=398b7d90-1e28-44c6-b970-520736ac1412&companyName=HoltheImmigrationLaw/CanadianImmigrationInstitute&productId=72
Attend free CELPIP webinars: https://www.celpip.ca/prepare-for-celpip/webinars-workshops/
Watch official CELPIP prep videos: https://www.youtube.com/@CELPIPOfficial/
Get free study resources: https://www.celpip.ca/prepare-for-celpip/free-resources/
Review real Test Taker Speaking and Writing responses at all levels to understand how they're scored: https://www.celpip.ca/prepare-for-celpip/score-comparison-chart/
Buy CELPIP study materials: https://www.celpip.ca/prepare-for-celpip/study-materials/